W09: Reflection

Week 9 Reflection:

What I learned this week - Carrie Walsman

    This class always amazes me with the content we learn each week. Each week keeps getting better and better, and somehow ALWAYS perfectly aligns with my real life situation. 

    Touching more on a personal manner, since Hawaii and it changing my whole life's direction, it just changed again. The plan is looking like I will be moving back and forth between Hawaii and Utah, starting after May, to help with the business social media's. I'm really excited and I'm hoping the business can get to that point, I honestly think they need my help to get things lifted from off the ground because right now they are stuck. 
Currently I just started a small business with my sister selling bracelets, I had the feeling that it's the right choice to make and to take the leap, so I ordered what we needed and so right now were making content for all of the socials which only 48 hours in has taken off and we are already getting asked what are shop is. 

    Two main learning points this this is the Baker vs Eater metaphor. The goal is to be the baker, someone who loves to create and bigger world means more things to create and make. The eater is the consumer who see the pie as his only and selfishly eats it. 

    The next thing I loved reading and it was almost hysterical reading because what we read was something that the Hawaii business NEEDS but they don't quiet see that yet. I even asked the son if I should send a page from the file, but sadly the owners are too close minded to be opened to any ideas at the moment, but he mentioned it was a good idea to bring up in a face to face discussion. Which I agree. The PDF was GOOD to GREAT. The things that stuck out to me the most was the leadership roles and qualities, of the leaderships that would help the business be successful and take off. I also really liked the quote that "good is and enemy to great" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Week 3

Week 5 Reflection

Why traveling is Important